AMobile has established the following guidelines to provide customers the best support and shortest turn-around time possible.
AMobile branded off-the-shelf product are entitled to a 12 months complete and prompt global warranty service. Product defect in materials and workmanship , are covered from the date of shipment. (Accessories warranty is 6 months)
- It is possible to obtain a replacement (Cross-Shipment) during the first 30 days of the purchase, thru your original supplier to arrange DOA replacement if the product is DOA (Dead-on-Arrival). The DOA Cross-Shipment excludes any shipping damage, and/or customized products.
- The DOA agreement signed by customers is required for initiating/releasing cross-shipment with AMobile confirmation and verification. The only conditions for Cross-Shipment are:
- The return must not be damaged, altered or marked
- All parts and accessories must be included as originally shipped
- Proof of purchase must be included
- Any returns that do not meet the above requirements, or any wrong user settings/configurations will be denied, or subject to additional handling/service charges as determined by the Customer Service Department.
- For those products which are not DOA, AMobile’s obligation shall be limited to repair or replace (at AMobile’s sole option) the defective product free of charge in case AMobile determines the product failed due to defects in materials and workmanship. The return fee to an authorized repair facility/or AMobile HQ will be at the customers' expense. The shipping fee for reconstructive products from an authorized repair facility/or AMobile HQ back to customers' sites will be at AMobile's expense.
- In the event of AMobile determines there is no defect (“No Defect Found”) or is not qualified for warranty repair, AMobile shall charge Customer from return shipment and a minimum diagnosing fee.
The product is excluded from warranty if:
- The product has been found to be defective after expiry of the warranty period.
- voided by removal or of or part identification labels.
- The product has been misused, abused, or subjected to unauthorized disassembly/modification; placed in an unsuitable physical or operating environment; improperly maintained by the customer; or failure caused which is not responsible whether by accident or other cause. Such conditions will be determined by at its sole unfettered discretion.
- The product is damaged beyond repair due to a natural disaster such as a lighting strike, flood, earthquake, etc.
- Product updates/upgrades and tests upon the request of customers who are without warranty.
- All returns from customers must be authorized with an AMobile RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number. Any returns of defective units or parts without valid RMA numbers will not be accepted; they will be returned to the customer at the customer's cost without prior notice
- An RMA number is only an authorization for returning a product; it is not an approval for repair or replacement. When requesting an RMA number, please access AMOIBLE's RMA web site: http://rma.amobile.com.tw/erma_tw/index.htm with an authorized user ID and password.
- You must fill out basic product and customer information and describe the problems encountered in detail in "Problem Description". Vague entries such as "does not work" and "failure" are not acceptable.
- If you are uncertain about the cause of the problem, please contact AMobile's Application Engineers (AE). They may be able to find a solution that does not require sending the product for repair.
- The serial number of the whole set is required if only a key defective part is returned for repair. Otherwise, the case will be regarded as out-of-warranty.
- The Customer is responsible for packaging the product in such a way that no additional damage occurs during normal shipping and handling. - Any products returned without an RMA number clearly marked on the shipping label or airway bill will be automatically refused.
- Customer must prepare to avoid any duty tax during its return, any exceptions to the Return Policy must be agreed upon in writing between and the customer prior to return.
- Incoming freight and insurance for all warrantable returns shall be prepaid by Customer. Any product sent by freight collect or COD will automatically be rejected by AMobile.
- shall pay for the return shipping back to but shall not be responsible for any tariffs or duties that may be incurred returning the product back to the Customer.
- Any freight-collect shipments without notice in advance will be refused. For warranty repairs, the customer is responsible for the cost of shipping the product back to . will pay for shipping back to the customer. For DOA warranty replacements, will pay shipping charges for return and replacement. For out-of-warranty cases, Customers must cover the cost and take care of both outward and inward transportation. reserves the right to use the most economical shipping method available.
- Regarding software license and privacy issues, please ensure that data is backup and cleared (if necessary) prior to to . will not be held responsible for lost data.
- Before we start out of warranty repairs, will issue an estimate after diagnosing the problem with a minimum charge of US$30. Before out-of-warranty repairs are commenced will send a pro-forma invoice (P/I) showing the repair charges.
- No action will be taken prior to confirmation of permission to repair being received. A formal invoice will be issued when the repairing is done, please sign back and pay the repairing
- Please ensure that AMobile's PI number is used as a reference when making payments. reserves the right to deny repair services to customers that do not return the DOA unit or sign the P/I. will scrap defective products without prior notice if customers do not return the signed P/I within 3 months.
- Service charge for out of warranty period are dependent on component cost and labor time Service Charge= Labor cost + Material cost + Freight charge.
AMobile offers advanced 24-month service agreement for the customer who needs to buy extended warranty for all or part of their purchased handhelds.
When and Extended Warranty is purchased, the standard 12-month manufacturer warranty is:
- Extended per the length of the Extended Warranty purchased
- The Extended Warranty must be purchased either at the time of purchase of your new handheld computer or within 3 of ownership.
- The Extended Warranty applies to standard manufacturer warranty for defects in workmanship or parts.
- Refer the Warranty Exclusion for exclusions
Please contact your nearest regional sales representative for detail service quotation/requirement.
AMobile cannot guarantee repair of any products beyond one year of End-of-Life due to limited availability of replacement components. If repair components are not available, AMobile will suggest equivalent products for purchase and offer special pricing. The service policy if have any revise, please refer to AMobile's website for details.